Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2015 Eggs by the Bay EGGFEST

Options
SMITTYtheSMOKER
SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
edited November 2014 in EggHead Forum

We're starting to plan the 2015 Eggs by the Bay EGGFEST.

This our 10th Annual Eggfest and we have plans to make it quite special for all.  

Date is now set for Sunday May 31, 2015. Mark your calendars.

More details along with registration after January 5, 2015. 

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

Comments

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    A new venue at Saratoga Springs (Saratoga, CA) will be really nice and allow for a bigger crowd.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• mgunders
    Options
    Great spot, going to to try and book a campsite for that date.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Thinking about it. Be good to meet you after all this time. But you have to come to mine in March :)]
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Calendar marked, looking forward to it!
    :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Great, I was hoping there would be one in CA.  I might even know a little bit about mine by then.

An FNG question.  What's to be expected at an EggFest?  Lot's of BGEs and food, DUH but

As @anton said
    :-c
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    @logchief, never been to one, looks like we will learn together, there will also be the Eggfest sponsored by BGE, probably in Sonoma, at least that's where it was last year.Hope to see you at least one of them.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • badinfluence
    Options
    This might be a fun one to go to but have no clue where Saratoga is. Have family in Antioch how far from there?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • mgunders
    Options
    Antioch to Saratoga, 80 miles, :90 minute drive.
  • badinfluence
    Options
    And from home to Antioch 2100 miles...hum...just might need a vacation in may anyways.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Close for me!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Thinking about it. Be good to meet you after all this time. But you have to come to mine in March :)]
    you go I'll go....been trying for 2 years.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    This could be really fun!  Can't wait for more details.  I noticed that it's on a Sunday.  I guess that really doesn't matter though.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    This could be really fun!  Can't wait for more details.  I noticed that it's on a Sunday.  I guess that really doesn't matter though.
    drink wine all weekend, end with an eggfest on Sunday Funday

• Mickey
    Options
    A Texas delegation? SmittytheSmoker would never be the same. Smitty could we bring a flag?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    Options
    Hmm...changed the location and the date to May?
    South SLO County
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

Bigger location, better overall facilities. 1 week earlier than last year.

Out of state guests are always welcomed.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Our 2015 registration is now open.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Wow, a Sunday Eggfest is kind of different. We normally reserve Sunday for prayer…for the room to stop spinning, late check out and such. lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Wow, a Sunday Eggfest is kind of different. We normally reserve Sunday for prayer…for the room to stop spinning, late check out and such. lol
    Hello Darian,

We have a bit of a competition for the better venues out here, we need to a venue that can handle 600 attendees and 200+ cars.  Those type venues are targets for weddings and they get up to $10k for a wedding booking.  When we moved to the Sunday date 3 years ago, I also was concerned...but we continue to sell out well in advance so this arrangement seems to work for all parties.  Make a mini vacation and enjoy the beautiful Bay Area while you're here.  We had outgrown our last venue and wanted a special place for our 10th Annual, we see this venue being a place we can stay for several years to come.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Very nice.  I'm looking forward to the fest and new venue!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

Photo Egg said:

so true
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited December 2014
    Options
    redacted by higher powers.

Hello all,
    I know it's superfluous, but I'll give a pitch for anyone that's in the area (or reasonably close) to go check out this event. Not only are Eggfests awesome in general, @SMITTYtheSMOKER is a great guy and will be a super host. I had the pleasure of cooking with both him and @R2Egg2Q and you couldn't ask to meet two better cooks or people. I'm going to see if I can arrange a work trip around this weekend so I can get out and take part.

Cheers all -
    B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words @Black_Badger.  I hope you and other Eggheads can make it out here for the fest!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    SMITTYtheSMOKER:  If we plan to attend, what would be the best location to rent a hotel room or rent a house?  Please give me as much detail as possible.  Thanks!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hello EggObessed,

We've always used the Hyatt House in Santa Clara (Rivermark Plaza) as our Eggfest Hotel.  Attendees liked this location as it offers several restaurants and grocery store within walking distance to the Hotel itself.  Since we moved our Eggfest to Saratoga (25 minutes away) we are still contemplating if we can find another that is indeed better.

Hyatt House location

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    We are quite surprised at the regisrtation rate thus far for our 2015 Eggs by the Bay Eggfest.  In the first 2 weeks of registration we currently have 48 guests and 6 Eggfest Chefs already registered.  It's our 10th Annual and we are busy ironing out Fest details....gonna be one to remember.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So after the the first 25 days of Eggfest registration we are at 25% of capacity.

113 attendees and 12 Eggfest chefs already in the books.  We are very thankful we have such a loyal following here in the Bay Area, we are really looking to have a special Fest for our 10th annual.   Don't miss this one!

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Eggs by the Bay update-

Eggfest registration now up to 176 registered with 15 chefs already signed up.  

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Mickey
    Options
    What are you looking at in weather