Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Veterans Day

NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited November 2014 in EggHead Forum
Some of the best times I've had were while. I was serving. Many countless friends (Navy, Marine, Army, Air Force and Coast Guard). Met my bride almost 20 yrs ago while overseas. (Pssst...That's HuskerMaMa :)) ).
imageimage

Sadly a few of my friends have died that are in these pics. But, boy did we have some Cray Cray times. Blender OPS on the front deck after 14 hr shifts and 20 some odd hour watches. Flights on aircraft that caught fire over the middle of the Atlantic and Mediterranean and still felt at ease knowing I was on a Navy aircraft that was being flown by some of the best (even if that somebody had a wicked hangover from partying with me and the boys the night before >:) ). But, seriously I wouldn't trade those days for anything.
Happy Veterans Day!!!
imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Simply awesome brother husker.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    And Happy Veterans Day to you brother husker. Enjoy it sir.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    edited November 2014
    Thanks @SGH‌
    We are going to have a nice day tomorrow. Going to cook some but, after we do some Christmas decorating at our home and then my Son & I are also decorating our across the road neighbors home (been doing it for them for over a decade now...they are sisters and now in their early & mid eighties...we enjoy doing it for them...sweet ladies).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • I would like to thank all who have served and those serving currently for their service to our country to keep us safe.  We all owe you a debt we can't repay.  Thank you.

Tonight I stumbled across my Dad's army file and honorable discharge while going through his old papers and shredding stuff like tax returns going back to 1960.  He was a captain in the artillery.  Or as he said, he was a canon cocker.  Thanks Dad.  I miss you.  

Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Brother Fred hit the nail on the head above. To all Veterans out there, thank you for your service and for keeping us free. God bless you my brothers and sisters.

Status- Standing by.

• Thank you for your service @NPHuskerFL, going to be hosting a breakfast for the vets tomorrow at the local grocery store. Last year had over 900 which in one location in Lincoln is no small task. God Bless America and God bless our Freedom Fighters. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    Thanks @Scottborasjr‌ that'll make some Vets happy. :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • It is probably my busiest and most rewarding day of the year not involving my immediate family. Going to need a cocktail or two tomorrow evening though.  :)>-
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    @Scottborasjr‌ I'm certain it's a very rewarding feeling helping out on an event such as that.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Great post Brother Husker, a Navy man it looks lik, I did a tour in the Army but can't locate any of my old photos. A big thank you to all Vets stay safe.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • mshump
    mshump Posts: 212
    Happy Veterans Day to all fellow veterans. I did 20 and retired USN.
    Danville, Il
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Great pics @NPHuskerFL‌. Thanks for your service.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Enjoy your day. Thank you for your service. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited November 2014
    Thank you for your service Blake.

BTW, has anyone ever mentioned you look like Brad Keselowski in those younger pictures? Or rather I guess he looks like you?

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    @PNWFoodie‌ Thanks. You too! Thank you for service.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • 1971. US Navy. Thank every Veteran for their service, not just today but everyday.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

• NPHuskerFL
    edited November 2014
    @JRWhitee‌ @mshump‌ @stemc33‌ @3sheets‌ Thank you for your dedicated service. And agree 100% w/ you @3sheets‌
    @DMW‌ Thank you. & Nope never had that comparison. I looked like my Father in my earlier days as did our Son to me.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    God bless the veterans for their service to our country.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
  • A heartfelt thank you to all veterans today and everyday. The reason we live in the greatest country in the world. =D>
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Thanks to all the vets out there.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Thank you @NPHuskerFL‌ and all of our veterans on the forum. I appreciate all you've done.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Happy Veteran's Day to you, all who have served, and those still serving today!

• Remembrance Day here in the GWN, the meaning is the same - thinking of and thanking all those who served and are serving. Thank you veterans, where ever you are. 

In Flanders Fieldsby Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae

In Flanders Fields the poppies blow 
    Between the crosses, row on row, 
    That mark our place; and in the sky 
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly 
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.We are the Dead.  Short days ago 
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow, 
    Loved, and were loved, and now we lie 
    In Flanders fields.Take up our quarrel with the foe: 
    To you from failing hands we throw 
    The torch, be yours to hold it high. 
    If ye break faith with us who die 
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow 
    In Flanders fields.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Great post! Thank you @NPHuskerFL and to everyone else who has willingly made the sacrifice to serve our country. 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Just a late day bump before the day is over. Hope everyone enjoyed their Veterans Day.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Thank you sir! And all others who served.
    Seattle, WA