Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country Style Ribs - Slight Fail

Options
Zarcon
Zarcon Posts: 540
So I cooked some country style ribs yesterday and bout messed them all up.

Cooked indirect for about 2 hours at almost 300.. Not a smart move. I cook St.Louis style ribs for 4 1/2 hours at 250-275 and they are great..

Lesson learned.

Comments

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I'm taking that the ribs were not tender???  That doesn't sound like enough cook time to me.

Not sure how much diff babybacks are from country style as far as cooking, but I cook babybacks at 280 indirect for 5-1/2 hrs. I'm saying this without access to my cook log....just on memory. 

No foil, saucing, spritzing, just cooking !!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Options
    There were a bit dried out.. As if I cooked them too long. Not sure if it makes a difference when the ribs are separated vs. being in a 'rack'.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Most likely you hit the dry zone where the moisture had been cooked out but the fat and collagen had not yet broken down.  I think most peeps treat country ribs like big ribs and cook them for a long time.  Basically either cook them to about 145 IT and eat em like a pork chop, or cook them close to 200 so they eat like a big rib.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.