Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite salmon recipe???

Options
Howdy y'all!
I have a buddy brining me a bunch of salmon from Alaska. Anyone have any salmon recipes they want to share???? Cedar planks sound interesting.......

Thanks

Comments

• weekender
    Options

I like salmon either on cedar plank or just grilled.  I like the tatse of salmon so I tend to not put any glazes on the fish.  Just my preference. Also I am probably a little different than most as I start my salmon meat side down when grilling just to give the top a slightly crisper texture. 

If I cook cedar plank style I start the same way as when I am just grilling.  After several minutes I then place the fish skin side down on the plank.  A trick I have found for cedar plank salmon is to cook around 400 - 425 so the plank actually emits a little more smoke.  Anything below 400 tends to have less cedar flavor in my opinion. 

Northwest GA, Large BGE (w/Nest), Plate Setter