Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend Cooks

Options
Grillin_beers
Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
edited November 2014 in EggHead Forum
My plan was to spend Saturday cooking country style pork ribs, especially after @SGH‌ gave me a lesson in the difference between the two. Unfortunately, my wife received a call and found out that a family member passed. They.asked if I would cook some of my pulled pork so my plans changed. It's rubbed injected and ready to go. I have about 4 chunks of pecan and a couple of handfuls of apple chips. It's been on since 3:50 and I hope to pull it off at 10 am tomorrow morning right before we head TNimageimageimage
1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 

Comments

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    I'm sorry for your family's loss. That's never a good call to be on the receiving end. Sounds like ribs will have to be on another day. Your pork butt looks spot on.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Grillin_beers‌
    Brother first and foremost let me say that I'm sorry to hear of the passing of a family member. My sincerest condolences. Next, looks like you are on your way to a home run with the pork!! I would have responded sooner my friend but I haven't been on. Brother Nola came over and spent the afternoon here and just left. Wish yall the very best my friend. Will be standing by for the finale.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @Grillin_beers‌
    Brother first and foremost let me say that I'm sorry to hear of the passing of a family member. My sincerest condolences. Next, looks like you are on your way to a home run with the pork!! I would have responded sooner my friend but I haven't been on. Brother Nola came over and spent the afternoon here and just left. Wish yall the very best my friend. Will be standing by for the finale.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Don't know why it double posted^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    Thank yall for your comments. I'll post pics as the cook progresses. We are holding steady at 265 right now.

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    Sorry it took a couple of days to post but I've been incredibly busy. 10 pounds took 17 hours and turned out perfect. If anything it had a little too much smoke flavor but I never complain about that. I didn't get any pics of it before I pulled it. image

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Looks great, sorry for your family's loss!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    @Brisket_Fanatic‌ thanks man! It wasn't my best but it was pretty damn good!

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    lousy reason to cook, but glad it turned out!
  • SGH
    Options
    Looks like a winner to me my friend =D>

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Sorry for your family's loss. Fantastic comfort cook to share with loved ones.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ @theyolksonyou‌ @SGH‌ thanks for the comments and well wishes. While death is never easy, at least her suffering is over. Next weekend I'm going to finally cook some country ribs!

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    Wow. Looks fantastic.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Grillin_beers
    Options