Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wood chunks

Options
Got to meet @Teedoff‌ and @shotgunal today delivering a little Ozark Oak. Allen and grabbed a bite to eat. When the waitress asked if I wanted sausage or bacon we both laughed...but he also got a side of bacon with his omelet. Allen hooked me up with pecan, apple and persimmon chunks. I used pecan for the first time last week and mixed with hickory it is unbelievable. Also, if I ever get arrested in Decatur I can call @Teedoff‌ to get me out before I turn into Ned Beatty in Deliverance.

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    My goto is 50/50 cherry/pecan
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    I rarely use Hickory or Mesquite anymore since they are too strong for our taste. I use Pecan, Cherry, Apple, and Almond mostly. 
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    I have never tried pecan, but I will soon! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Pecan and almond both sound interesting...
  • weekender
    Options
    Pecan is very good with Chicken and for some reason seems to give it a slightly darker/golden color.  With pork I prefer a 2 to 1 mix of apple and hickory. 

Northwest GA, Large BGE (w/Nest), Plate Setter

• AmericanFlannel
    Options
    We usually use cherry or cherry and apple... but lately we have started using sugar maple. Very subtle, just different enough to make it a good change of pace.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Hickory and pecan on ribs last time...winner, winner...rib dinner.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Let me tell you guys something. This Henapple dude is EASY. All I had to do was buy him breakfast and throw him some wood and I walked away with a **** ton of OO.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    Options
    Seriously though guys Henapple is a stand up dude. We've never met but we set there and talked like we've known each other all our lives. I truly appreciate the lump Hennaple. I was gonna make a post but I'm spending time with my brother from Colorado right now.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @shtgunal3‌
    You are correct sir. Uncle Apple is a fine man indeed. He hooked me up with some OO at the brisket camp. He also hung out and talked with me all day and most of the night. The only thing he drank all of my wife's PBR ;)
    Other than that he was great.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Teedoff
    Options
    I have to agree with @shtgunal3‌. First time ever meeting @henapple and he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. It was like talking to an old friend you haven't seen in a while even though he didn't know me from Adam's house cat. In my line of work it's nice to see there are still good people out there. Thanks again, Tony. You da man.
    Decatur, AL
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    @Teedoff‌ we need to get together sometime bro. I'm in Cullman.

• Teedoff
    Options
    That would be cool. I usually go down to the Brandin Iron about once a month. I'll message next time I'm going that way and see if you are busy.
    Decatur, AL