Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First try at Pumpkin Pie

Options
I decided to give this a go.  It's also my first attempt at baking with the Egg.  Turned out Amazing.  I referenced the recipe from Flaming Rooster. 
http://www.flamingroosterbbq.com/index.php/recipes/drinks/recipe/39-big-green-egg-pumpkin-pie/117-desserts

I used two small pie pumpkins.  I did one pie with pureed pumpkin using the hand blender and the other was shredded pumpkin.  Wife preferred the shredded while I liked the pumpkin mush way more.  LOL

This will be a new tradition for us, great tasting pie and the kids loved it too!

Sherriff
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Comments

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    Did you set the pie on the plate setter, legs down, or did you use the pizza stone on top of the setter? This looks like a potential for my Thanksgiving!

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • Sherriff
    Options
    I had the plate setter legs down and I put the pie directly on the plate setter.  Did 400 for about 45-55 minutes until the knife poke test came out clean.  I did rotate the pies front to back and then spun them a  few times to try to prevent dark spots on the crust.

2 small pie pumpkins was enough for 2 9" pies and I following the ingredient amounts from the Flaming Rooster site. 

Thanks
    Sherriff
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Nicely done!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...