Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reverse Sear Pork Chops and Muffin Pan Sweet Potatoes

Options
theyolksonyou
theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
edited October 2014 in EggHead Forum
SWMBO brought home some skimpy center cut pork chops so I thought I'd try a my first reverse sear. Brushed on EVOO and a little S&P, nice and simple.
Everyone's been bragging on the sweet potatoes @Dyal_SC‌ introduced us to and I've been talking about them, so she bought the stuff to do those. I'm not a big Rosemary fan so we subbed in some fresh Sage. Man, oh man! Worth the price of admission and then some. Even my 12yo son who hates sweet potatoes ate them up. (although not the mule-headed 8yo)
http://www.kimshealthyeats.com/rosemary-sweet-potato-stackers/
Threw some sweet corn on the egg direct @300* in the husk. Great meal.image Getting the sear on at 700* image Not the best grill marks, but oh well. Tasted just fine.
I read somewhere on the forum that someone liked Pineapple Head on corn. Gave that a try and it was pretty good.

Comments