Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Iron Chef eats

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
edited October 2014 in Off Topic
Cora, Flay, Puck, Garces, Morimoto, Guarnechellii. Added my sixth Iron Chef eats this weekend at Butter in Midtown NYC for brunch this morning. Excellent (pricey) meal, loved by all, including the 2 1/2 yo granddaughter who had, grits, bacon and water of course. Great atmosphere and excellent service. Brioche French Toast and Blood Orange Mimosas were great. Had to stop them from filling the grand daughters water glass every time she took a sip. Flay is still my favorite at Bar Americain multiple times as well as Burger Bar. Walked past Guy Fieti's place in Times Square. Not an Iron Chef but a Food Network Star. Place was packed with tourists, but a joke to locals. Just like Bubba Gumps around the corner, Times Square Applebee's and the M&M store. Am I a snob? Next on my list is Zakarrian's.

Comments

• EgginATL42
    Options
    I went to Bar Americain a couple of times. The first was at the end of a day of airline hell trying to get to NYC (bumped from one flight, second flight delayed, all while my wife and I were toting our our son who was 5 months old at the time). We finally get to our hotel, and Bar Americain was literally right across the street. While we were checking in, we had the concierge get us a table. We sat in the upper level, overlooking the restaurant. Damn good food all around (i had the Rib-eye and my wife had the Cioppino).
    Wear wood ewe hand eye bee width know spill Czech her???