Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Sat Night

I haven't posted for a while so here's a simple margarita with some protein. I cheated, it was done in a blackstone. image
In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Still looks wonderful!

Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • BearQ
    BearQ Posts: 174
    Looks great. I did a pizza as well with fresh basil & love that taste, it's now a standard ingredient going forward.
    Barrie,Ont.,Canada.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,358
    edited October 2014
    I know this, but for sure, but less is more with a pizza! I now use San marzano tomatoes (not cooked) smashed up in a food processor with some garlic, fresh basil, black pepper and a pinch of sugar. I think the sauce makes a huge difference to the flavour!
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    How do you like the blackstone?
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Nice!  =D>
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,358
    The Blackstone is fantastic. I was getting terrific pies off the egg but over an hour of preheat and a lot of charcoal. The BS is ready very quickly and the results are great every time. I love the egg, we grilled lobsters and steaks last night, the pizza was just an appetizer.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    GlennM said:
    I haven't posted for a while so here's a simple margarita with some protein. I cheated, it was done in a blackstone.
     cheating? 
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania