Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings, Stuffed Pumpkin, and OT Pizzas

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
So I did some wings. Coated with Meadow Creek BBQ rub and on around 300* indirect for awhile. Then added a stuffed pumpkin.

Pumpkin was stuffed with layers of; cooked rice, browned sausage seasoned with Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head, and cubes of Colby Jack cheese. 

While that was happening I did this:

And another:

And now the wings were ready to sauce and put back on. Pumpkin was still getting soft, wasn't there yet.

I didn't get any finished pics of the wings, but yummy...

Here is a portrait of the pumpkin when finished:

Here is a BBQ/Pulled Pork/Onion/Mushrooms pizza. Otherwise known as "use what toppings are left"...

Oh, I had my "Big Guy" pick all the seeds out of the pumpkin goop and I salted and roasted them on the egg.

They turned out really good. Went really well with the adult beverages we enjoyed with friends tonight.

I hope everyones weekend is in full swing and you are enjoying what is left.

I am hearing there may be new "exciting" things in store for me at work in the next week or so. I'm strapped in and waiting....

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    Pizza and wings are hard to beat! I've never stuffed a pumpkin before. Maybe I'll try that next weekend
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Thanks for the pizza pics. I'm tempted but the cooker is another gadget that takes up space for now.
    Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Way to go brother W. Solid all the way around. Not only a unique cook, but a spectacular one as well. I'm intrigued with that stuffed pumpkin. Any chance you would give more details on it. Again, excellent job.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    We need a pic of the inside of that pumpkin - did you scoop or slice?
  • DMW
    Options

On the topic of the pumpkin...I have no other pics. I apologize, I was making more pizzas (5 in all tonight). SWMBO browned the sausage for me, I seasoned it with Pineapple Head after it was cooked. SWMBO also cooked the rice. I cleaned out the pumpkin and then layered rice, sausage, cheese cubes until the pumpkin was full and sat the top back on.

Put it on and left it until it was probing tender. Scooped it out, a bit of pumpkin and filling all together.

Great time of year for pumpkins, squash, etc.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    Sounds great, may have to try that, love cooking squashes
  • SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    Thanks brother. I'm doing one tomorrow.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Dont care about punkins or wangs, but... Man, I sooooo want a Blackstone!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DMW
    Options
    Dont care about punkins or wangs, but... Man, I sooooo want a Blackstone!
    Do it! If there is one at a local Lowe's for $269, just go buy it. Tomorrow! Seriously, if you don't believe me, ask @zippylip. :D

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Great looking pie DMW. Prolly the best looking pizzas you've posted thus far.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    After re reading, your roasted seeds caught my eye. If you are interested, I posted a recipe for smoked seeds over on the Backwoods site 2 days ago. If you like seeds, it's a pretty good one. I would have posted the link here but didn't know if it was appropriate. Again, great job all around.

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    Options
    @SGH Yes, would like to see your recipe. I only hit these with salt. Im not familiar with the Backwoods site. The only backwoods I know are cigars...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    Backwoods Smokers my friend. The creators of the reverse flow vertical cabinets. Hope this works.
    http://backwoods-smoker.com/forums.htm/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9003

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    Options
    @SGH Thanks, that sounds really good! I was expecting your recipe to involve cayenne, which it didn't, so my family might let me try it. ;)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    Options
    cazzy said:

Great looking pie DMW. Prolly the best looking pizzas you've posted thus far.

Thanks! For getting color on the pie, the Blackstone works great. I toyed with "doming" some of these tonight and it worked.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    @DMW‌
    I hope that you enjoy them my friend. And for the record: I have snuck a little cayenne on them before ;)

Status- Standing by.