Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help!! Need a recipe!

Options
A few years a go I had a steak at a great restaurant, that had a blue cheese sauce on top, It was fantastic! Been looking for a recipe ever since, haven't found one yet. Does any one out there know of one they r willing to share??? Thanks! :D

Comments

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Never had a blue cheese "sauce" on a stake. I have had crumbled blue cheese on a stake that has melted almost to a sauce. Bet that didn't help did it?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Here's one that looks pretty damn tasty.
    Rib Eye Steak with Blue cheese sauce: http://youtu.be/mq6gWeAA1dU
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Options
    I had something like this at Steak and Ale (no longer in business). Don't know if it's what you're looking for but here it is: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/09/grilled-ribeye-steak-with-onion-blue-cheese-sauce/
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Another
    Black Filet Mignon and Cabernet Blue Cheese Sauce…: http://youtu.be/PsZQx0xzUlY
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Bleu cheese and evo
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm thinking of using a neutral oil in a CI pan. Sear the steaks in the pan with the dome around 650℉-700℉. Once the steaks reach the desired temp remove from the egg. Add in Cabernet Sauvignon and crumbled blue cheese & mix around with the steaks quickly so that you don't overshoot your desired temperature on the steaks. Remove the steaks for a quick rest. Plate and drizzle the sauce over each one of the steaks. Sounds delicious to me.
    With maybe some stuffed bellas.

Think I'll try this real soon. I hope this helps.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Can't help you w. a specific recipe, but I do know the quality of the cheese makes a huge difference.

My fave. blue w. beef is from Maytag Farm. Nice and sharp, but creamy too. Second is probably dulce gorgonzola, but that has just a hint of sharpness.
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input! It was helpful I'll be trying a few different things tomorow, till I get it right! The u tube recipe NP posted looked good! Gonna start there! =D>
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Sauce, Beef, Blue Cheese

Here it is! Start with the triangle pack of blue cheese (whatever brand they have).  Warm in a sauce pan on low heat.  Add some butter to help thin it out, EVOO also works. Finish with a little cream, couple tablespoons at most. Don't boil, just melt! Shoot for thick not soupy. Spoon over your steak. Or drink it right out of the pan!!!

INGREDIENTS:

Recipe Type: Sauce

Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Ronbeaux, 2006/12/11

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    My favorite way of coming up with a new recipe to try is:

first, google it and find 4 or 5 recipes to review.
    second, compare their list of ingredients, identifying what they all have in common
    third, identify what is different
    forth, eliminate those ingredients I don't like (especially if on the different list)
    fifth, decide based ingredients I keep on the list and the different recipes, what quantities I want to use for each ingredient I will be using.
    sixth, based on the different recipes directions, create my own cooking directions.

Then, based on the results of my new creation, maybe tweak the ingredient list and/or the preparation directions as required.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    What @Zmokin said...I do this all the time, use the bones of recipes and tune to my taste from there. Not always a success, but more fun.
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! :D