Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Travis Style... (with pics)

Options
minniemoh
minniemoh Posts: 2,145
I picked up our 1/2 steer last week and the butcher shop trimmed the brisket down way to much - it was basically an over-trimmed flat. I tried to smoke the ones like this that I had in the past and they were incredibly tough. If I had a way to grind meat, I would make brisket burgers out of them. Today I used Travis' method and the little snack I had when I FTC'd was damn tasty. I'll post post-cook pics when we eat dinner a little later.

imageimage
L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
eggAddict from MN!

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    :-??
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Here's the sliced pics. Turned out pretty good for an overtrimmed brisket that was a little on the lean side to begin with.

Oh, also some baked taters on the mini and brussels cooked in a little bacon grease with bacon crumbles.  I'm eagerly awaiting my mini woo and stones.

Forgot the plated pics as I was too hungry.

imageimage
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a home run to me. Enjoy my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @minniemoh‌ Right on Brother! Nice work
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95