Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jambayla on BGE for my F-I-L 100th B-Day Party

TigerTony
TigerTony Posts: 1,078
edited October 2014 in EggHead Forum
I making three batches of jambalaya for my Father-In-Law's 100th birthday party tomorrow. He was born 10-23-1914 WWII vet. His mind is perfect and is in fairly good physical health. He has a little trouble walking around, as he is unsteady on his feet. He just stopped driving last year. He doesn't look his age, he looks like he's in his early 90's ;) . Notice he has no grey hair (not dyed) He's a great guy, a little tight with his money though. In fact possibly the cheapest person on the planet :)

I rolled sausage balls and cooked them on the egg and smoked some chicken tenders. Cooked two batches in 12 qt and one in a 9 qt dutch oven. Dome temp 350* first 20 min uncovered the last 30 covered.
I've got this down pat, tweeked it for years. It comes out great.

Here some pics of  the jambayla and one of my F-I-L taken with my brand new granddaughter and his trip to DC with the other WWII vets in 2012.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
"I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
New Orleans

Comments