Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another First Time Try - Chick-N-Veges

Options
logchief
logchief Posts: 1,415
Taking a stab at a chicken tonight, wife wanted it vertical, spatch was my vote but you know how that goes.  Spatch next time.

Stuffed it with cilantro and lemon and seasoned with Heart Breaking Dawns Cajun Blend along with red potatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, zucs and yellow squash.

I got a late start, cause our solar contractor screwed the pouch and knocked out a circuit so had to deal with that before I could get the fire started, I guess that just means I'll get to have an extra brew before it's ready. 
LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looking excellent from here thus far. Standing by my friend⚡️⚡️

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    A good meal is about to be had at your house. I go either way on spatch vs vertical and both are great. Only difference is I have been doin my vertical chicks inverted with the legs up. LS posted that a while back The fats from the thighs actually baste the breast and get done the same time as the breast because of being higher in the dome.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • logchief
    Options
    Gettin more fat into the breast can't be bad, have to give that a try. Guess lots of guys would like that.:-\"

Thanks SGH, more pics to come
  • logchief
    Options
    That turned out to be the tastiest and moist chicken I ever cooked.  Veges were great, but the taters were still crunchy.  Maybe precook them a bit next time, thought they'd be surely done by the time chick was done.  More fun had this evening.

Sorry no plated pics, it was getting late.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a slam dunk to me. Excellent job =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Winner winner chicken dinner
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Looks fantastic. Nice job.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • logchief
    Options
    Thanks, got plenty for another meal this week