Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed pork loin tonight

I have made one on the past it was a tenderloin but they seem way to small to butterfly and stuff. found some loins on sale

For those of you that have done them in the past i have a question, What seems to be the best temp?  325 indirect? lower temp and direct?

Im going to stuff it with spinach , feta , garlic, maybe some mushrooms and Should i cook the spinach first? Ive seen lots of post with just the raw spinach on the loin but have seen people post that they saute it first

Thanks
2 LBGE
Digi Q
green Thermapen
AR

Albuquerque, NM

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I will take a shot at some of your questions my friend. I have stuffed numerous loins and tenderloins. Never have used spinach though. I usually stuff with 2 or 3 different cheeses, some sort of peppers, sausage, bacon and even shrimp and crab. As to temp. It doesn't really matter that much but for reference I run the smaller tenderloins in the 375-400 degree arena and the larger loins in the 325-350 degree arena. Just my preference and it works out real well so I stick with it. As to direct or indirect. Indirect all the way with stuffed specimens my friend. You don't want to be flipping, turning and shuffling around your stuffed creation. Sorry I can't help with the spinach question but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will probably work either way. Good luck my friend and I look forward to seeing the out come!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    I will throw in my 2 cents on spinach and that is to wilt it down.  There is a lot of water in it that cooks out so you get a tighter roll/stuff if you cook it down a bit.  By all means you can go raw with it and have a great meal I just like the texture and end result better when wilted down a bit.