Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fryer or griddle

Options
Ok guys what Should I but next a camp chef gas griddle or Cajun cooker gas fryer. Both are about the same price. imageimage

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• Bustersdad
    Options
    We are looking at a griddle, for what we cook a griddle would be used more often
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I would probably use the griddle more. breakfast alone would make it worth the price.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    I would love to have that griddle.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I would definitely go with the griddle as well between the two.  Blackstone also makes a griddle that is $300 or less.  It doesn't come with the grill top thought (I think they have one as an accessory). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Bojangles
    Bojangles Posts: 118
    Options
    Griddle.
    Large BGE  |  Blackstone  |  Custom Dísco  |  PolyScience Discovery
    --------------------------------------------
    my Big Green Egg has saved many-a-Sunday that my Miami Dolphins attempted to ruin.
    --------------------------------------------
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    www.southwestdisk.com

I'd buy neither ... I'd buy a discada

My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    The Camp Chef Flat top is an Aussie BBQ to me. It is a gasser without the lid. Great for use as a flat top and also allows direct flame grilling. I use my Lodge griddles on either my gasser or my 2 burner Camp Chef stove when I need a flat top - not near as much space as the Camp Chef flat top - but then we seldom cook for more than six. A friend who has an Aussie complains about covering it to keep the critters off of the cooking surface. His flat tops are large and heavy, they must be cleaned outdoors as they will not fit in his laundry tubs. 
    The fryer would be nice to have if you do a lot of fried foods. Seems to me the standard turkey fryer/burner can do much of what the fryer can and also double as a fantastic wok burner (if you are into that). 
    What a great problem to have, both are great looking toys!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!