Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Precooked ribs (yuck!)

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
edited October 2014 in Pork
Bought some fully cooked ribs(frozen) from a guy delivering ice cream in my area. Sometimes I do the stupidest things. As I plated my my ribs and sides, my wife said "what, no pics?" I told her it wouldn't be right to take pics of precooked ribs and post them on the forum. Well, I wish I would of taken a pic of my face when I took a bite.
These ribs were absolutely horrible. I didn't use the ice cream man's sauce that came with the ribs, but there is no sauce that could make these edible. I followed the directions on the label for reheating. The texture was like rubber with a squishy spongy feel. The color was way off and even the bones were rubberyish.
Has anybody else ever tried precooked ribs? What are your thoughts?
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    It depends on the brand. The Baton Rouge brand being sold here is amazing, almost the same as their restaurants. Other brands that I tried, not so much.

edited October 2014
    Options
    I've had Cisco brand (or maybe that was just our transporter) before and they weren't too bad as far as precooked goes.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL