Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new purchase

Options
had to have for Talladega.  this thing is  heavy!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    First let me say congratulations. Next, glad to hear that I'm not the only race fan. Talladega is far and away my favorite track. And for the record I prefer Pelican myself. Enjoy the cooler and the race my friend!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    May I ask how much yours cost sir?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• mtasker
    mtasker Posts: 88
    Options
    $260.00 Wal-Mart online, ship to store.
  • SGH
    Options
    That ain't bad brother. Fixing to order one right now.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @mtasker‌
    A little help my brother. I can't find the Pelican on Walmart.com. Can you give a little direction for clarity? Thanks in advance.

Status- Standing by.

• SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    The infield at Talladega was the most fun of any track I've been to.  Have fun.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• SGH
    Options
    Did you get to go back in the 70's or very early 80's? It use to be beyond wild. Clothing was optional. Literally.

Status- Standing by.

• mtasker
    Options

google pelican coolers.  I purchased the 65 quart.  244.00 plus tax.

• SGH
    Options
    Will try now. Thanks.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Thank you^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    We went there a few years in the early 90's.  Wild doesn't begin to describe it.  I think I'm too old to be able to handle anything like that again.

• mtasker
    Options
    I think this is year 10 for us. 3 friends fly in from Michigan.  I live in Alabama now.  we stay at 1 of my friend's aunt's house, which is 10 miles from the track.
  • Bojangles
    Bojangles Posts: 118
    Options
    to anyone who has used both the Pelican and the Yeti..... how would you compare the two?
    Large BGE  |  Blackstone  |  Custom Dísco  |  PolyScience Discovery
    --------------------------------------------
    my Big Green Egg has saved many-a-Sunday that my Miami Dolphins attempted to ruin.
    --------------------------------------------
  • SGH
    Options
    I like them both. Just a personal choice really. But I do like the latches on the Pelican the best.

Status- Standing by.

• mtasker
    Options
    the latches sold  me also.
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    mtasker said:
    I think this is year 10 for us. 3 friends fly in from Michigan.  I live in Alabama now.  we stay at 1 of my friend's aunt's house, which is 10 miles from the track.
    Awesome.  Me and my buddies have been going to different tracks every year since the 80's, but we've moved on to Grand Am and Rolex.  Day, Night, Rain.  they don't stop every time a piece of dirt lands on the track.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Was just at Dover for the Sprint Cup race. Talladega is on my bucket list.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker