Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Creekstone Farms Brisket

Options
I just recently ordered a brisket from Creekstone Farms. I ordered the 16-18# brisket as the per lb price was better than the smaller briskets. Purchases over $100 get free shipping. I ordered it at 11:30 am EST on a Monday and it was on my porch at 12:38pm on the next day. It was well packed and was just partially frozen. I weighed it and it was actually 19#. The flat was nicely marbled and the point was really marbled. I did trim about 3# of fat from between the point and flat. The fat cap was around 1/4", so I didn't trim anything there.

I seasoned with Mickey's coffee rub.
I cooked it overnight at 230 with oak and pecan for smoke. It was a total 21 hours cook time. I FTC it for 6 hrs with a heat pack to be sure it stayed hot.

It was delicious. The point was so marbled, it was like meat candy. All our guests absolutely loved it.

The wife and I had brisket, eggs and cheese grits the next morning for breakfast, OMG was it good.

If you sign up for Creekstones email list you will get a promo code for 10% off sent to you.
I will definitely be getting briskets from them in the future for special occasions
SE PA
XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset

Comments

• Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    Interesting. Price compares to Snake River Farms standard brisket at $140. (SNF "gold grade is $209). Sounds like someone needs to do a comparison for us!

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• pescadorzih
    Options
    Did anyone get the email from SRF on the changes to there prices and shipping changes.
    Their shipping was the negative for me when I was considering them. The email stated they were going to slightly increase the prices, but have a flat rate shipping price, IIRC.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset