Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tuna fish pizza

Options
Pizza day today. One of the three was a tuna fish pizza. It was okay and the crust was the best of all three. I didn't make the best pizza I've ever made but all three were made without any catastrophic mishaps. Usually only get two of three good ones, and I burn one or have transfer issues. Parchment paper has resolved my transfer issues. One positive thing today is that the pies are getting rounder.
imageimageimageimageimage
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Awesome! Do you always dock your dough? I haven't been docking mine and I'm liking the results. It hasn't been bubbling up etc. I'm not sure if it's because I have no sugar in the dough or why but, it works so I figure why change it.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌, Actually I forgot on one of the pizzas today and it didn't have any bubbles. Before I got that little gadget, I was getting huge bubbles. Dough only sat for about 5 hours, but it was enough that I could stretch it. I used to use a bread machine until somebody posted a thread on stretching dough. It would of been nice to let it ferment overnight, but when I woke up I decided it was a pizza day. All in all I'm pretty satisfied. First time using parchment paper to transfer. Removed after about 2 minutes. Parchment paper is the only way to go when your trying to land the dough on a small disc.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    +1 on the parchment paper transfer. Works perfect. After about a couple of minutes or so I pull the parchment paper.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stemc33
    Options
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • DocWonmug
    DocWonmug Posts: 300
    Options
    +1 on the parchment paper transfer. Works perfect. After about a couple of minutes or so I pull the parchment paper.
    So, you're saying you use the parchment paper to put the pie on, then put it on the Egg, then pull it out in a couple of minutes? Any special technique to pulling it out? Or just like pulling a tablecloth off a set table?
    LBGE
  • stemc33
    Options
    @DocWonmug‌, it actually pulls out extremely easy after about 90sec to 2 minutes. I just use the peel to slightly lift the edge of the crust and hold the pizza in place as I tug on the paper. Using the parchment paper is a huge advantage for launching your pizza. I was always overshooting or under shooting the stone.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Pizza looks good, but after the avatar post and now tuna fish pies? I think your mask might have been leaking a bit when you painted the Morso...... :))
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • stemc33
    Options
    Pizza looks good, but after the avatar post and now tuna fish pies? I think your mask might have been leaking a bit when you painted the Morso...... :))

Got me there. :)) I think my head is still a little foggy from the paint. The tuna fish pie wasn't really that bad, just not really great. I'm kinda like a simple pepperoni guy though. I bet the health nuts would love tuna pizza.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Seen shrimp, prawn and lobster on pizza - but those are all very mild and take on the flavours of the sauce and seasoning, tuna seems stronger tasting to me. Keep the cheese mild and maybe try some of that trout you catch, even a smoked fish might be different. 
    Lots of folks laughed when they first heard of fish tacos.....maybe you are onto something. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!