Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Applewood smoked turkey breast

Options
minniemoh
minniemoh Posts: 2,145
Threw it on frozen at 300 deg. Pulled out the included "gravy tube" after about an hour when it thawed enough to remove it. I seasoned it with Dipstix steak seasoning after about 30 min in the smoke. Took about 5 hrs to get to 160 internal. $.99 per pound makes for great sandwiches compared to processed deli meat for $8.99 per pound.

imageimageimageimage
L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
eggAddict from MN!

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Wow, that does look great! :-O

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    That looks so good. I am also thinking of trying this. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Thanks guys. One word of advice, I used the MBGE for this cook and I bent the dome thermometer probe a little by accident. Make sure to keep the big block of frozen turkey away from the probe.

I used one big chunk of apple and to me, the smoke was a little strong when I first carved it for dinner last night. I had a sandwich from the leftovers today and it mellowed a bit in the fridge overnight. I will definitely be doing this one again. My family goes through lunch meat like I go through beer! If I can trim the lunch meat costs back a little, that means more money for good beer!   :D
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Looks great.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    Looks good enough to eat.  Nice job

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Looks good. Ouch! Your processed stuff is that much? My off the bone, smoked stuff is $1 less per lb.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @Eggcelsior I just left my local grocery store and the frozen turkey breasts ranged from $1.98 to $3.98 per pound. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks moist and delicious. 

Take the clip off your thermometer and it will push out before it bends.  Also, deposits on the thermometer stem build up, keep those at bay (clean it off periodically) or they'll do the same thing as the clip.