Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers and Rutland

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
Busy today getting my stove ready for winter but made some time for burgers. The stove project has been long overdue. I'm sick of looking at it. Today consisted of getting supplies, taping and wire brushing. Unfortunately, once I started this project I realized I needed new gaskets. So after I finish my indoor paint booth in the morning, I'll spray the first coat and run into town for a Rutland. Here's a pic of what I'm dealing with along with a tasty burger.
imageimageimageimageimage
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Love the old wood burning stove my friend. I like the looks of those burgers as well. I could go for a half dozen or so about now :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Great looking burgers. Nicely done. The only thing my burgers were missing Saturday were those pickles. Didn't realize we were out and I wish I had some.

That is a cool looking stove. So does it do warming duty for your whole house? Or just one room like a fireplace would? That would be cool to have, but definitely wouldn't be needed much down here in Texas.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    No stainless, cabinets? =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Nice burgers and is that a Morso? 
    Had my stove on yesterday, first burn this season. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Burgers look great! Have fun with the stove/fireplace...I did a complete breakdown, blast booth and re-spray of one a few years back. It was a 86 yr old from Montgomery Ward that we pulled from a old home here in FL before the wrecking ball demo began for incoming waterfront condos. Once your complete take some more pics. Sounds like you are well on your way with it already.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    the burgers look excellent
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the comments all. Finished the coal stove and stove pipe today. I ran out of paint so I'm debating whether or not on doing a second coat for the heat deflectors. I'll check them in the morning to see what they look like. I'll install the Rutland gaskets tomorrow. Below are some pictures of my paint booth and semi-finished coal stove.
    @Griffin‌, we use it for our whole 950sq.ft. house. I can keep it about 80° when we're experiencing below zero temps. I have to feed it a lot to keep the house warm though. It's kinda like comparing the lump consumption on a BGE when doing pizza vs long slow cooks.

@Skiddymarker‌, it is a Morso. It's a dual coal/wood stove. Not a very good wood stove due to the tiny firebox. The firebox is only about 10" in depth. Coal is pretty cheap here in Wyoming. I heat my house for about a dollar or two a day.
    imageimageimageimage
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    You made the stove look new again. That is a cool looking red squirrel on the side. 

I have 8 coal burning fireplaces in my house. We had 9, but lost one during an add on. We don't use them. Our contractor recommended that we don't due to the age of the house. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Looks great! @stemc33‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • ChicagoEgghead20
    Options
    @stemc33 looks brand new.  Very good work.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Excellent job. A fine looking stove for sure!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Looks Awesome..and that burger didn't look to shabby either..Great job on both.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    That is awesome, A dollar a day you say? Not bad at all. :-bd

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• butert
    butert Posts: 202
    Options