Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hip Replacement #2

Options
Well Wednesday will be 2 month since I had my left joint replaced and now the right one needs replaced. It's bone on bone. I am having it done on December 3rd. The good news is my left feels better than it has in 3 year's. By next summer I should be doing great.
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Hang in there. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Sucks gettin old don't it.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    I am sorry you are having trouble. Hopefully your surgery will fix you up.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    You will be playing hockey again in no time, get well.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Thanks guys. It's actually a good thing. Getting the first one done made want to lose weight and and working on losing more. @JRWhitee, I have only played gym hockey and that was over 35 year's. Now playing football would be fun if is only flag football. I can now walk without a cane and that is great. The new replacement joints are incredible and these should last me the rest of my life. I am not as scared of the next surgery after getting the last one done.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    We're all pulling for you and sending good thoughts your way...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    Hip hip hooray!
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • smokesniffer
    Options
    Good Luck with the surgery. Good to hear that your left side has healed up good.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Glad to hear the first went well. Looking forward to a positive report on the 2nd as well.
    Thoughts and prayers headed your way.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Godspeed Mr. Austin!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Ladeback69
    Options

Godspeed Mr. Austin!

I have one the action figures in my basement. My plays with it once in a while. The funny thing is my doctor at some point both my knees may need replaced and then I would be at least the million dollars man. I love this.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Just like a car, 'eh???

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Wish you the very best my friend. You will be in both my thoughts and prayers.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ladeback69
    Options
    Just like a car, 'eh???

Ya Dave, I no what I am getting into and am looking forward to the right one being better. My left gets a little sore, but that I think is because I put about 10 pounds back on. I am working to drop 20 to 30 by surgery.

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    You'll feel 10 years younger once the L hip is done. Then with the knees, 20 years. At least that is what patients I have taken care of said.  :-bd
  • Tim (Watkinsville)
    Options
    I have two artificial hips and walk a mile a day most days. The left hip procedure was a piece of cake, the right hip procedure was problematic, the prosthesis fractured my femur, so it had to be done over. Once I got over that I was back at it.
    Knees are next but I am hoping to retire in 2 or 3 more years so I am trying to wait until then. 
    Good luck with your next procedure, I hope it goes well for you.

Watkinsville, Ga   XL, Medium
  • Ladeback69
    Options

I have two artificial hips and walk a mile a day most days. The left hip procedure was a piece of cake, the right hip procedure was problematic, the prosthesis fractured my femur, so it had to be done over. Once I got over that I was back at it.

Knees are next but I am hoping to retire in 2 or 3 more years so I am trying to wait until then. 
    Good luck with your next procedure, I hope it goes well for you.

Thank You Sir. My left went great too and hoping the right does too. I am at least 15 years from retirement, but my doctor says the new hips should last the rest of my life if I can keep my weight low. I've been trying to walk more, but the right one is throwing me off. It's bone on bone.

Kansas City, Mo.