Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lasagna

Options
Tried a Lasagna on the egg for the first time this past weekend.  Wow!!!!  It was good.  Used a hint of apple wood for smoke.  Cooked about 1 1/4 hours at 375.  Perfect.

Comments

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Now that does look Awesome..Great idea with the smoke..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Looks good.  Thanks for sharing.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Never thought of making lasagna on the Egg but after looking at this I might have to give it a try
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • fournier88
    Options
    Borrowed an easy recipe from Kamado Joe! This was one of the best lasagnas I have ever tasted.
  • cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364
    Options
    That looks delicious. Nicely done. 
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    One of my favorites. I buy those cheap walmart bread pans and cook several at a time in those so you get even more crispy edges.

Little Rock, AR

• Bojangles
    Bojangles Posts: 118
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Smoked lasagna?  Nom.
    Large BGE  |  Blackstone  |  Custom Dísco  |  PolyScience Discovery
    --------------------------------------------
    my Big Green Egg has saved many-a-Sunday that my Miami Dolphins attempted to ruin.
    --------------------------------------------
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Post the recipe. I wouldn't mind trying it. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Thanks! 

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Hey I think that is the Grill Barrow guy! Boy is he pissed at us. 

• SloppyJoe
    Options
    I think I might give this a try also.
  • Terrebandit
    Options
    Nice.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    That looks so freakin good! Is that pepperoni on top?

Little Rock, AR

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Hey I think that is the Grill Barrow guy! Boy is he pissed at us. 

He was such an adorable little fella. I sure miss Mr. Seltzer.
  • fournier88
    Options
    Used a stick of Boarshead Pepperoni. Please post picks of your finished product.  In addition to the Cottage Cheese I also added Ricotta Cheese.  
  • StellarEvo
    Options
    I'll jump in and throw my smoked lasagna picture in.  I cook the sauce in a pot on low for about 8-10 hours before I make up the lasagna.  I cheated and used no-boil noodles.  But followed the cooking instructions for temp and time and it came out great!!

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Ok, these lasagne pics look great. The Italian in me has to someone of these in an Egg. Of course my wife has to make her great gravy (sauce) for them.....
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Heres a couple I've done in the past. The last ones were buffalo chicken lasagna. I kinda just made up that one. imageimageimage

Little Rock, AR

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I think I make the best lasagne for people like me.  "what are people like me?" you ask.  People who don't like cottage cheese or ricotta cheese.  It is for this reason, I rarely order lasagne at a restaurant.  I make mine with a mixture of mozzarella, provolone, cheddar, and parmesan.  I like the idea of adding pepperoni, I might give that a try.  But I don't know about firing up the Egg for baking a Lasagne.  It seems like it's a lot more work, before and afterwards, and while I might like a little smokiness, I'm not so sure that will go so well with the SWMBO.  I think I'll have to try a pizza on the BGE first anyway.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    You'd be surprised at the hint of smoke the cheese in the lasagna picks up. I love it. And For my buffalo chicken
    Lasagna I grilled boneless chicken breasts and chopped them up for the meat sauce. I only used mozz, cheddar, and blue cheese. It was pretty darn good.

Little Rock, AR

• Zmokin
    edited September 2014
    Options
    You'd be surprised at the hint of smoke the cheese in the lasagna picks up. I love it. And For my buffalo chicken Lasagna I grilled boneless chicken breasts and chopped them up for the meat sauce. I only used mozz, cheddar, and blue cheese. It was pretty darn good.
    Blue cheese, blech.  In my house, when cheese starts growing blue stuff on it, it's time to throw it out.  I definitely wouldn't buy a chunk that already had it growing on it. :-&

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    To each his own. I love hot wings with blue cheese dressing and so does my family, so it was a hit at my house.

Little Rock, AR

• Zmokin
    Options
    To each his own. I love hot wings with blue cheese dressing and so does my family, so it was a hit at my house.
    No Worries!
    I know lots of people that like blue cheese dressing, but I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
    I imagine there are things I like that you might not like as well.

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    I make lasagna about 4 times a year. I just use the regular noodles and still don't boil them. Add a little extra sauce. I don't like the texture of the no boil noodles. Love the idea of the chicken and blue cheese going to have to try that. I only use ricotta cheese along with mozzarella, Parmesan, and cheddar, never cottage cheese. The wife mentioned that when she makes lasagna she uses cottage cheese I about had a heart attack. She made it once and tried to pass it off as ricotta. First bite and she was busted. She didn't think that I would be able to tell. At least I won't have to worry about that happening again. She likes it better with ricotta.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH