Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp control products

Options
Thinking of getting a digi q 2 any reviews

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I have the party q. I like it for overnights. Other than that I don't use it. I already had a maverick 732 so there was no need for the digi q for me.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• qprhooligan
    Options
    I have the Auber PID and I like it.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sold my Digi Q and gave away my Party Q. How is that for a review?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    I wanted simplicity and had an ET-733, so I got a Party Q.  I also didn't require all the bells and whistles either.  

Mine is the new version and works very well.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jokertaz
    Options
    How many probes does it have
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Party Q only has pit probe. If I didn't have maverick 732 I would have considered digiq. Other thing I liked about the party q is the battery option. I don't have receptacle close enough to use digi q without using 25' extension cord. I use it once a month maybe. Otherwise I let the egg do its thing
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    I like my Digiq DX2 for Low and Slow cooks especially overnight cooks. I can set the pit temp at 225 at 10 PM and the next morning it is rock solid at 225,
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    edited September 2014
    Options
    dstearn said:
    I like my Digiq DX2 for Low and Slow cooks especially overnight cooks. I can set the pit temp at 225 at 10 PM and the next morning it is rock solid at 225,

No offense, but I have the same experience (to be totally honest, it is +/- 20 degrees of my target) without an additional temp controller.  That's the beauty of the BGE.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DieselkW
    Options
    It's too expensive for me, and when it comes right down to it I can keep my egg close to the temp I want manually for hours and hours. 

Doesn't mean I don't want one, I do. I just don't want to pay retail. 

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Make some Mickey T rings, leave the bottom half open or so and its all you need
    :D (you dont need these either but why not) i like these old school things better, i own the first guru, it was a spring operated plate that simple sat on the upper vent. no burnt probes, water damage, dead batteries, loose connectors......i dont think any one should get one of these gadgets until they have done a dozen or so overnighters, then they will have the experience to decide if they NEED one. but thats just me
    :D

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/966604/mickey-ts-smoke-rings

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    I only got one for peace of mind.  Overnight cooks and where I need to step out to do something.  I didn't want some superduper go to hell model for that.  The Party Q and Maverick really comes in handy.   
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site