Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hinge adjustment

Options
stonedog03
stonedog03 Posts: 52
edited September 2014 in EggHead Forum
Hey Eggheads!  So, I did a quick batch of burgers on my new XL last night and there was some smoke leakage on the back side in the hinge area.  I'm guessing that I don't have the hinges adjusted correctly.  Do you have any advice about which adjustments I should start with to close that gap?  To be specific, the leakage is between the rear hinge and the side mounted (spring assisted) hinge.

Thanks!
XL BGE  -  Jackson, California

Comments

• Terrebandit
    Options
    Do a quick search using the search engine. Lots of info on this topic. Welcome.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • stonedog03
    Options
    Thanks for the tip.  I tried the search and found a few nuggets of information.  I ended up loosing the top band and making sure that the measurement between top and bottom bands was at least 2" all the way around as stated in the written instructions.  That's about a 1/4" more than what the blue spacers will set it at.  Anyway, at least it seals now.

Thanks!
    XL BGE  -  Jackson, California