Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Memphis Eats

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
In Memphis for work.

Last night was Blues City Cafe.

Lunch today Gus's Fried Chicken.

Tonight I was going to go to Cozy Corner. But I'm staying downtown and didn't feel like driving. And didn't really want to walk through Memphis for 35 minutes one way at night by myself with no protection. My hotel is right beside The Vous so I almost tried that. Decided I couldn't do Q again and wandered over to Beale St. Stopped at King's Palace and got a bowl of gumbo. So glad I did, stuff was awesome.

Chillin and listening to some Blues.
imageimageimageimage
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Dryers burgers.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DMW
    Options
    @henapple I leave first thing in the morning. I guess I could manage a Dyer's burger tonight... I just won't eat anything for the next 3 days or so...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • dweebs0r
    Options
    Cozy Corner is really good.  Rendezvous is meh...  I am not into dry, "Memphis-style" ribs.

What did you think of Gus's?  That stuff is awesome.  So spicy and crispy and still juicy.  
    Not sure how they do it.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • DMW
    Options
    @dweebs0r Gus's was perfect. Not greasy like some fried chicken, the spice/season profile was spot on. And the breast meat was juicy throughout. I wish I would have had the chance to get to Cozy Corner. Oh well, next time.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• dweebs0r
    Options
    Get out of Memphis as soon as you can.  Michelle Obama will be at St Jude tomorrow..  gonna be a traffic nightmare.
  • DMW
    Options
    @dweebs0r Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea. My flight is 7:15, I'll check when she is due in and be sure to be at the airport well before then.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• dweebs0r
    Options
    I think you are good.  We were told she would be at the hospital around 3-ish in the afternoon.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @DMW‌. .if you go to Dyers...have a good path to a toilet and a couple of bath towels. Good and bad.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • DMW
    Options
    Thanks @dweebs0r‌

And now the US Navy Country Bluegrass Band is o at Handy Park. This night is getting more awesome as the night goes on.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    Options
    Forgot to attach the pic. No idea why that might have happened...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA