Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First try at stuffed pork tenderloins

Options
Hi all. Maiden voyage on stuffed pork tenderloins here. Picked up the two pack (two loins each per pack) and froze one for later. <<br>><<br>> I butterflied each one and then sliced again. I didn't pound thin (I know I should have, but it's still the first month of school, life right now is cray-cray in addition to that, my knee hurts, and I was tired. I accept full responsibility for the thicker than should be roll.) <<br>><<br>> One was done with a basil pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and chèvre. The other had left-over sausage & mushroom red sauce that I made a few days ago for lasagna, fresh mozzarella, and freshly grated parmesan. Rolled, sprinkled each one with avocado oil (neutral and high smoke point...plan on searing at the end), porcini mushroom salt and grated pepper. Currently on the XL raised with a drip pan about 400 or so. We'll see how it goes...wish me luck. :)
XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
Sandy

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Good luck Sandy!  I'm sure you'll do fine.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    @cazzy Thank you, sir. You are always so supportive...I really appreciate that. <<br>>
    > Meat is off. I decided not to sear because I didn't want it risk drying out for left-overs. If the smell is any indication, I will be a happy camper. Will update when resting is done.
    Sandy
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I've done pork tenderloin both ways, and I really didn't think the results changed too much by not searing.

Great color on the tenderloins!  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Looks really good. =D>
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    Sorry sister. I selected the wrong pic above. Here is the correct one.
    SGH

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    The food looks wonderful sister. Just a note. I never pound loin or tenderloin thin. Never have and never will. Nothing wrong with doing so if one choses to. I just elect not to myself. Again your food looks excellent sister.

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    Options
    Here are the plated (meat only) pics. Got the seal of approval from my 9 year old mini-me foodie. :) Pork turned out very tender...hope left-overs will remain so. Was surprised to see what looks like the beginning of a smoke ring, as I only used FOGO and no additional wood and really didn't think I was "smoking", per se. All in all, good cook. Nothing life changing, but certainly respectable and one the kids want me to do over. The left-over red sauce pork I can easily see doing over pasta and being super yummy. The pesto...not dry at all, but can see it with an Alfredo pasta sauce just to up the creaminess, (Yes, I, too, am amazed I still fit through doors, lol.)
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    Looks like a home run to me. Excellent job sister foodie.

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    Options
    @cazzy‌, @Legume‌ , @sgh, thank you all for the kind words. Two tenderloins is WAY more than this fam can eat in a sitting, so I'm interested to see how leftovers hold up. Will post when I have more knowledge. :)
    Sandy