Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Size should I get

Options
Scott
Scott Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, I am going crazy reading all about the egg. I love to BBQ but hate putting food on gas grills. Love the smell but the taste, well it has none. I want the egg. I have checked out the stores in the orange county area and Los Angeles area and the stores that carry the egg, BBQs galore, only carry the large. Now I am a single man, have two up to seven people at my house at times and wanted to find out if I should just go for the large or should I buy online and get the medium. The large is going for 579 plus 100 for the stand. Let me know if anyone knows of other stores that carry it in this area and if the large is the way to go, I will proceed. I just dont want more then I need. Your forum is great and all the participants have great ideas and can't wait to ask you some suggestions when I cook that first time on the egg.

Comments

• locolongball
    locolongball Posts: 414
    Options
    Scott ,[p]I think the Med. would serve your needs. However, the Med will do what you want, but somewhere down the line you are going to wish you had the large. So..if you got the cash, get the large.. if that's going to hurt the pocket book, you'll be ok with the Med..[p]Maybe someone that started w/ a Med will chim in; I have a large.[p]Good Luck.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Scott ,
    Welcome,
    I am a single guy, rather on the small size to boot. (Right Nature Boy or LoveHandles???) I started with a large cause at that time the difference between the large and medium was about $75 to $100. The spread between the two was not that big for me at the time so I went for the large and it is still my favorite. Why??? maybe because it was the one I first started to learn to cook on. [p]I now have a large,medium,small and mini, still single and can't explain it. Get the large if it's in your budget, you will be glad you did.[p]Cheers,
    New Bob
    Do price shop and ask what is included as most are package prices. Note: I bought from BBQ Galore and everything was extra. (including the thermometer and daisy wheel top that some have said is included in the price)

• Scott
    Scott Posts: 47
    Options
    I think your correct. If I cook a big meal for some hot chick, she may marry me and then I will need the large. Yea baby, here I come.

• Unknown
    Options
    Scott,
    I just turned 60, single with 4 eggs, hoping some hot chick will like my cooking also. Good luck to ya.[p]Me,
    I'm gonna load my four eggs up and go cook for the gals at the Nevada brothels, maybe with a little more help of the forum, LOL, I will get lucky.[p]Cheers,
    Old Bordello
    aka, New Bob
    no sense of humor here.

• LasVegasMac
    LasVegasMac Posts: 183
    Options
    New Bob, you posted.....[p]"I now have a large,medium,small and mini, still single and can't explain it."[p]LOL[p]Sure you can. It's called, "The Green Fever". The symptoms appear sometime after (time varies) the purchase of the 1st Green unit.[p]Thankfully, there is no known cure.[p]LVM

• Unknown
    Options
    Scott , just my $0.05 worth - get the large. The space is there if you need it. You said you have up to 7 guests sometimes. Depending on what you are cooking, the large will be quite handy.[p]I'm not single, have two kids and have 6 - 8 guests on occasions. Two large BGE's work very nice.[p]Good luck.[p]LVM

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Mornin' Scott,
    > If I cook a big meal for some hot chick[p]Your forgetting those nights when you cook a big meal for 2 hot chicks. And I know you can handle dessert. Ah, the memories.[p]Buy a large, you won't regret it.
    bruce

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Scott,
    i dont know if the egg is going to do it, last summer im on the beach in maine when this guy with a big power cat, like the one jackbythesea owns, pulls up and moors his boat next to mine. meanwhile this tall legged (i bet she can run real fast) blonde in a red bikini pulls a canoe down the beach to the water and paddles out about a quarter mile to the boat. she hands him a cold beer, whereby he takes it and sits in the front of the canoe and she paddles back to shore. maybe if i got one of those boats and mounted an egg on the back of it....

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it