Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Butt Action

Options
My mother requested some BBQ, so I came through with her request.  Picked up about a 10lb butt.  Last night was rubbed and placed in the fridge.  Rubbed with Jim's Own Smokey rub.  I added more brown sugar though.  

Placed on Egg around 8:45 with some hickory and apple.  Ran around 275° unit 190° internal.  Pulled around 5:15pm.  

Made another batch of macaroni salad and some mayonnaise slaw (white slaw is what we say).  Rolls on the side.  

Ready to go on the Egg. 

Just checking on things..Looking good about halfway through. 

So, I wanted some ABT's, but didn't have any bacon (yeah, I know, it is pitiful).  So I mixed some leftover jasmine rice, turkey sausage, mexican blend shredded cheese, and cream cheese and stuffed these dude.  It was pretty tasty I must admit.  

Ohhhh dat butt....

Pulled well and was so juicy...

Didn't take much time out to take a plated picture.  Everyone was hungry including myself.  I started a little early as well as you can see.  I promise to do better next time.  

------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments