Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken stuffed with bacon, shrimp and cheese.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
At the request of some new members I'm going to try and be detailed. If I miss anything feel free to ask and I will gladly fill in the blanks.

Smoker-Large BGE

Temperature-375 degrees indirect

Indirect set up-Woo2 & filthy plate setter. I feel the filth is key to success. SS grid at gasket level.

Target internal temp-155 degrees.

Temp probe-Thermapen

Lump-Rockwood

Wood-50/50 Oak & Cherry

Chicken-4Pounds (Jetnet) for containment.

Stuffing-Bacon, shrimp and cheese. (Lots of it)

Cook time-Will post when cook is complete.

imageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    Wow, Cant wait to see it, does your amazing cooks ever end!?  Seems like something incredible every night here lately.  I am jealous!

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• SGH
    Options
    Going on the egg at 375 degrees indirect.imageimage

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Love the details. Can't wait for the final pics.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • SGH
    Options
    @EGGjlmh‌
    Thank you brother. When I'm onshore I try to cook a lot. Why? Because I never know when I'm going back offshore for months and won't be able to cook. I try to capitalize when I'm onshore. Again thanks for the kind words.

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    It's looking and sounding like a great one to me.... You really know how to get my attention with the bacon my friend.
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    Thank you brother anzy. Bacon is a must!!

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    Options
    It is so great to have your expertise cooks back on here my friend.
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    You are to kind my friend. Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    The egg fell to 350 degrees once the juices started flowing. No vent adjustments. Why? The temp will come back to 375 on it's own.image

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Coming right along. image

Status- Standing by.

• anzyegg
    Options
    That's what I'm talking about.... Looking good!!! :-c
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌
    Thank you brother anzy. I'm fixing to pull it and eat it!!!!

Status- Standing by.

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Always lookin forward to a good @SGH cook as I sit along this road widening project
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• SGH
    Options
    @grege345‌
    Thank you brother.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Total cook time 50 minutes & 48 seconds.
    imageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Hamburgers going on indirect at 325 degrees to roast before the sear.image

Status- Standing by.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Well done, I'm on my last bag of RO and will heed the advice on picking up some rock wood and OO.

Seattle, WA
  • SGH
    Options
    @SkinnyV‌
    Thank you brother skinny. You will love the RW & OO.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    The outside of the chicken was seasoned with salt, pepper and cayenne. image

Status- Standing by.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Oh white meat again? Racist.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @sgh looks delicious as usual! Newbie question: I notice no drip pan - when do you need one or not need one?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • anzyegg
    Options
    Great instructions along with some pretty awesome stuffed chicken.... Enjoy and good night...
  • SGH
    Options
    @anzyegg‌ @Lit‌
    Thanks my friends.
    @blind99‌
    As to the drip pan. You can actually use one whenever you like. Here is a guide that I follow. Again it's just something that I do that works well for me. It's not a rule or must.
    If cooking 1 hour or less=No drip pan.
    If cooking longer than 1 hour= Use drip pan.
    Just how I do it my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Burgers were roasted indirect at 325 degrees for 6 minutes. Then seared on a cast iron grid on the spider at 900 degrees for 45 seconds a side. Salt and pepper only for the burgers.
    Corn, rice and tomato gravy for sides.imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    For the dessert.
    Strawberry
    Vanilla
    Chocolate
    Vanilla fudge swirl.
    Not to bad.image

Status- Standing by.

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    You better clean your plate off big guy
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Is the netting elastic-like? Or do you tie up the ends to tighten it?

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    It has some stretch to it but it's not really elastic. Yes you do have to tie or you can use a piece a little oversized and simply "tuck" as long as the meat is not massive. If you look at the chicken above you can see that I left both ends open or untied due to it being a small piece of meat. On butts tying is a must.

Status- Standing by.

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @SGH - Looks great as always.

Extremely fine job on the details!! You Rock!! Thank you my friend.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Zarcon‌
    Thank you brother Zar. I tried to be specific. I'm not real good with words though.

Status- Standing by.