Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

***Warning*** GMAIL HACK

Options
Eggcelsior
Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
edited September 2014 in Off Topic
Apparently, some Russian crypto-currency enthusiasts gained access to 5 million or so gmail account passwords.

You can check to see if your account was affected here. If so, obviously, change your password. Turning on two-factor authentication is also recommended.

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Woot woot   :D

No! Your account probably is not in public access! However, we are strongly recommend to change your password periodically.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • terry_b
    Options
    I always recommend that people use Two Step Authentication on their Gmail. The other big providers - yahoo etc support it too.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up! Mine was on the list - password changed immediately.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Heads up: DO NOT TYPE YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD INTO ANY WEBSITE THAT PURPORTS TO CHECK IF YOUR ACCOUNT WAS HACKED. THESE ARE EVERYWHERE AND ARE CALLED HONEYPOTS. JUST CHANGE YOUR PW THROUGH YOUR SERVICE.
    Options
    @nolaegghead, I generally trust Lifehacker and Gizmodo when they post these things. Thanks for the heads up. Also, you don't have to enter your full address(nolaegghead @ IamCool.com) You can wildcard some of the address n***egghead @ IamCool.com).

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I concur. I just want people to not trust any site that does that verification with both username and pw. Fear is running rampant and, for example, I can't access your link...if I can't then other people can't and lawd help them if they Google "has my account been hacked".
    Options
    I concur. I just want people to not trust any site that does that verification with both username and pw. Fear is running rampant and, for example, I can't access your link...if I can't then other people can't and lawd help them if they Google "has my account been hacked".
    Yeah, I was getting the "Bad Gateway" too. Apparently, it's from heavy traffic.