Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anova Sous Vide, mine is a bad

Options
Got my Anova today. Packaging and build quality seem fantastic until I plugged it in. Got a grinding noise and shut it down. Unscrewed the bottom water flow cap and found the issue. Shaft does not come down straight and one of the 4 blades are bent. Looks like very poor QC.
Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Agree completely. One of the cautions in the ANOVA literature is to be careful when you remove or replace the stainless tube and adjustable deflector so as not to bend the impeller shaft and blades. Obviously, ANOVA should heed its own warning. 
    Were you able to correct or did you contact them for assistance/replacement? 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. I hope you find a solution. Sous vide is cool.

What a bummer. Did it come with a warranty?

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    It looks like you may need to remove the stainless cylinder thar houses the circulator and heating element. It just twists off from the plastic control section. It may have not been aligned at the factory.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I contacted Anova. They sent me a pre paid shipping label for return and shipped me a new one. Shaft on new one is straight but one of the 4 blades is also very bent. Is this the way it should be??? Just like photo in my first post.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Farbuck
    Farbuck Posts: 276
    Options
    I got mine and can't twist off the stainless cylinder.   That sucker is stuck on like it was welded there.  The Anova works perfectly otherwise.  

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Farbuck said:
    I got mine and can't twist off the stainless cylinder.   That sucker is stuck on like it was welded there.  The Anova works perfectly otherwise.  

On the first unit the lower vent cap screwed on and off very easy and smooth. This replacement unit was a struggle. I put a little olive oil on the threads and it really helped.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas