Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

World-wide Egging?

Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw a couple of intriguing posts today -- an Irish Egger, and one in Bolivia. Most of us on the forum are in the US, so we tend to focus on US-style bbq -- but I was wondering whether the non-US folks had any special tips or tricks or recipes? [For example, does anyone in Australia grill kangaroo? Llamas in the Andes? (Probably not!)] [p]Or maybe different types of wood? [p]When folks in Ireland or Bolivia eat smoked bbq for the first time, how do they react? Does it seem exotic to them? [p]Just wondering. Thanks!

Comments

• BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    I've heard in some South American countries they eat guinea pigs. I wonder how they would be barbecued.
  • Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
    BluesnBBQ,[p]A lot like a spiral-cut honey-baked hamster.

• irishrogirishrog Posts: 375
    Prof Dan, In Ireland the problem we have with BBQ is availability of wood chunks, and seasonings which are specifically used in BBQ. Mostly we have to bring them in by mail order from the US as proper BBQ is really only starting to catch on here and the market is still small. We have plenty of experts at burgers and sausages on the gas, but Pulled Pork, and Charcoal Smoked Turkey are very alien to most people.
    We do have the advantage of excellent beef and lamb, which is full of flavour and excellent texture. I travel around Europe regularly and always bring back a new ingredient from my travels, and my sister who works in the Carribbean is always a good source of unusual spices and seasonings when she comes home.
    The forum has been a great source of information for me and I really enjoy the whole EGG experience, and introducing other people to my favourite style of cooking. Roger