Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mandarin stuffed boneless pork loin

stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
Dinner for tonight will be a boneless pork loin loin stuffed with spinach, chile pepper, mandarin oranges(to include orange sauce), and croutons. On the egg cooking at 375°. Here's a preview. Pics minus bacon draped over the top.

imageimageimage
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    That looks incredible. Great ideas for the stuffing.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    looks great i bet it will taste great too cant wate to see the finished product
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    @stemc33‌ that's a really creative combination for the stuffing. I would have never thought of it - which is why I end up cooking the same things all the time! Looking forward to hear about the result, it looks awesome.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Very interesting combination. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • I just want to be able to tie it up like that. Nice
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • stemc33
    Finished. Not enough bacon for a weave, just used it for flavor and to keep the loin moist.

imageimageimage
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @stemc33‌
    Excellent looking loin my friend. That is the kind of grub that I can really throw down own! I'm honored to give this cook the SGH seal of approval my friend. Solid all around for sure brother stem! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Looks amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Um, yeah. I'd be all up in that
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • stemc33
    Thanks all. The taste was incredible. The mandarin oranges had a slightly odd texture, but really wasn't bad when everything was mixed together.

@Roadpuke0‌, tying is actually really easy. If you search YouTube for stuffed pork loin or deboned chicken galantine, they'll show how to do it. It's just a series of half hitches.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • stemc33
    edited September 2014
    blind99 said:
    @stemc33‌ that's a really creative combination for the stuffing. I would have never thought of it - which is why I end up cooking the same things all the time! Looking forward to hear about the result, it looks awesome.

@blind99‌, I also cooked the same things all the time(frozen pizza, grilled burgers, and tacos) until I got the egg and joined this forum. This last year has been a transformation in my food endeavors.

I actually went to the butcher to get a boston butt to try the wolf claws my daughter got me for my birthday. They were getting ready to close and didn't have a BB available. Well, I grabbed the boneless pork loin on display just so I could use the wolf claws. Did a bunch of searches and watched some YouTube videos on how to cut the meat. I didn't find anything I liked for stuffing, so I started scavenging through the fridge and cupboards. Once I seen the jar of mandarin oranges I new that's what I wanted.

I just looked at your deboned chicken thread http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1169965/deboned-stuffed-chicken#latest and must say I'm thoroughly impressed. That's something I've never even heard of until a few weeks ago. This forum opens the mind in the world of food.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    @stemc33‌ thanks for the kind words. I just took what I saw @NPHuskerFL‌ and @ChillyWillis‌ do and ran with it - I give them full credit! Agree, I'm learning a ton from everyone here and my stomach thanks you!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @blind99‌ thanks man! Don't sell yourself short. Awesome cook!!! =D>
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @stemc33‌ Dagumn man! Nice!!! Phenomenal job. Love the stuffing on this. Very creative. :-bd
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Wow...Another fantastic looking cook...You sure you weren't a chef in another life... :-O
    Congrats..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • That looks great! What did you season it with?
    Flint, Michigan
  • stemc33
    That looks great! What did you season it with?

Thanks @Fred19Flintstone‌, I made an orange sauce with the left over juices from the mandarin oranges. I coated the inside of the loin with the sauce and sprinkled BGE Down and Dizzy seasoning prior to stuffing with the ingredients shown above. The sweet orange and pepper flavor was the most prominent.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @stemc33‌
    Brother after looking at this again you have inspired me. Got me to wanting a stuffed loin as well. Again outstanding job from start to finish brother stem! =D>

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.