Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork butt and leftover pork tamales with Hatch green chile sauce

Labor day weekend required a pork butt for the kickoff of football.  Put an 8 pounder on Friday night and 15 hours later it was ready just in time for football season to begin. Did my typical Lexington style with slaw. Thought we would mix it up for the leftovers and try something new. With all the discussion about Hatch green chiles on this site and others I tracked down a sauce recipe on BBQ brethren and some hatch chiles made the sauce. It had a serious kick but good flavor and was not over powering on the tamales. We made tamales for the first time and I think over all we did a good job on the masa to filling ratio and the pork transitioned well with a dusting of cumin and chili powder. Photos below, and a link to all the recipes and steps were documented by my wife on her blog, link below. Thanks for looking.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

Comments