Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Gets A Big Shout Out From fyi's Tiny House

Options
GalanteNate_OneEa
GalanteNate_OneEa Posts: 967
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
Pretty nice to see BGE featured as a compact, all in one, masterpiece! Anyone who knows the show knows it's about living big in a small amount of space. That should be BGE's motto!

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Saw the documentary but did not know the show was on? I'm all in for 1000 feet, wife is as well depending how far I move from her.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    If you have a Tiny House, you have more room outside for eggs right? Makes sense to me.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    My house is almost a tiny house at 1032 ft.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Yeah, but your deck is like 10k sqft and nicer than most homes.
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    GalanteNate_OneEa Posts: 967
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The house in that episode was 225-275 square feet. They do up to 500

I have a 3750 square foot home and would drop that in a heartbeat to live in a doghouse off of @Thatgrimguy‌ 's deck
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yeah, but your deck is like 10k sqft and nicer than most homes.

B-) true, nothing else about the property qualifies for the program! I do love that show though. Size constraints force creativity. It's amazing to see some of the solutions people have come up with.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    That and the simplification of what you own. Getting rid of all the junk you don't need, that would be great. I use rooms just for storage of needless belongings.
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited August 2014
    Options
    That and the simplification of what you own. Getting rid of all the junk you don't need, that would be great. I use rooms just for storage of needless belongings.

Human nature is to fill up empty spaces. We shop till our house is full then we decide we need a bigger house so we can continue the cycle. My wife and I combined our belongings into 1000 square ft. 250 of which is a guest bedroom/bath upstairs that we never go in. I can't believe how little I even remember about all the stuff in my storage unit I just couldn't get rid of 2 years ago.