Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dag Nabbit!!!!

Options
DaveRichardson
DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
Decided to grill some chicken for my lunches on Thursday and Friday and just realized that SWMBO sent my only remaining probe thermo thru the garbage disposal!!!!! No thermo to check the chicken..... Oh well. Might have salmonella for the college football kickoff this weekend!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Ouch!
    Hey, in the Olden Days, we'd pierce a thick chicken part with a paring knife and make sure the juice had no pink in it; then it was done.
    And get off my lawn, dammit.

:D

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    How in the world,,,,,,?  Replacements are available, though very costly.

Does the disposal still run or is it jammed? 

Just cook the chicken till the juices run clear.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    DaveRichardsonberndcrisp when the juices run clear you should be good.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    All my electronic thermos gave up the ghost over the past few months.... All were pre-egg acquisitions and all over 5-8 yrs old. One just simply died. One went just wonky.... Switched to Celsius , 'eh.....; and would not switch back. Then it wouldn't power off.

Did a butt this past weekend with the last thermo I owned.... That was fun! NOT! It was an old dial-type thermo.

SWMBO didn't see it in the sink and fired up the disposal.... That was an aweful noise! The disposal is fine. I just forgot about it until it was time to start checking on the chicken!

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    td66snrf said:

DaveRichardsonberndcrisp when the juices run clear you should be good.

Oh trust me. Thermopen is on the Christmas list!!!!!