Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE Owner Questions

2»

Comments

• SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    After the thermapen, you'll start stockpiling charcoal... We don't really NEED to do that in GA, but, when this stuff gos on sale...

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    lousubcap Posts: 4,875

And regarding all the after-market toys-I would cook on the BGE for awhile before deciding what you want/need.  Hit the search feature here and you can find many quick and inexpensive ways to make a raised grid. 

====

I used three bricks. Worked perfectly.

New Albany, Ohio 

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    Great information and tips guys. I really do appreciate it.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    Is your egg getting warm?

Hmmm?

Hmmmm?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Zarcon

Is your egg getting warm?

Hmmm?

Hmmmm?
    @THEBuckeye
    You sir... are just not right. On so many levels

%-(
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    If you like to sleep you will learn the turbo method for Butts. Same great results and you won't be to tired to eat it up. Or you could buy a controller but many here would suggest to learn how to control your fire the old fashioned way before dumpin coin on a controller.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited August 2014
    Zarcon said:
    Ya'll are really making me wanna go fire my Egg right freaking now. I cant stand this!! I need another drink or something.. Step away from the computer.

BTW, some of these things I already have like a pizza stone, dutch oven, and others. I WILL be making my own pizza too for sure.

Don't worry, ya'll will be seeing pics of my first adventure. It's like I have a crowd here chanting 'Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it'..

@Zarcon‌,If your reading this, you know you're wrong. It's Eggin' time. Fire it up :D
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Zarcon
    @stemc33

I know.. I know. .but..... but.. I have nothing to cook on it right now. AAAAAAHHHHHHHH.. Wait...

I have some Cheerios.. brb
  • stemc33
    Zarcon said:
    @stemc33

I know.. I know. .but..... but.. I have nothing to cook on it right now. AAAAAAHHHHHHHH.. Wait...

If it's put together, fire it up just to play with the vent settings. C'mon, you know you want too.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Zarcon
    stemc33 said:
    Zarcon said:
    @stemc33

If it's put together, fire it up just to play with the vent settings. C'mon, you know you want too.
    Oh its put together, which I did myself. It's currently on my back porch.. with the cover on it
    :((
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    You gotta have at least an apple, peach, or pear? Cut it in half and throw it on!

Skin side up, direct at 350-400. Flip it over when it starts getting soft and put some butter & brown sugar in there!!!

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Send the mrs to get a pizza
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Like stemc33 said fire it up and just play with the settings and get used to it. That's what I did. I fired mine up and drank beer and listened to baseball on the radio the night before I actually cooked on it. Learned a lot that way.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Zarcon
    Ok. It's lit. I added a handful of lump for it to burn. Gonna mess around with the temp control while I drink a beer.. or two.. or three :)
  • stemc33
    Zarcon said:
    Ok. It's lit. I added a handful of lump for it to burn. Gonna mess around with the temp control while I drink a beer.. or two.. or three :)

Woohoo. Fill to the top of the firebox. What you don't use today, you'll use tomorrow.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Zarcon
    Just so you know.. It's all y'alls fault that I fired it up.. I couldn't handle the peer pressure..Haha
  • Zarcon
    stemc33 said:

Zarcon said:

Woohoo. Fill to the top of the firebox. What you don't use today, you'll use tomorrow.

I would but I'm not cooking until Sunday.
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Forget the advice about cooking for awhile before figuring out what accessories to get. Just start buying stuff - that's much more fun than waiting.
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...