Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Slightly OT: Flexible grilling skewers on clearance at Lowes

Options
Saw these on the shelf for $2.xx clearance.   But when I went to ring them up, but they rung up at only 89 cents.  Asked the cashier to hold on a sec so I could sprint back to grab a few more ;)

This was at Lowes (though I'm showing the Amazon link), and I'm sure YMMV.   But worth checking if you happen to be there for something else.

http://www.amazon.com/Master-Forge-Flexible-Grilling-Skewers/dp/B00FS23KBQ

Comments

• fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    Thanks for posting this .. I'll be heading out to my Lowes first thing in the morning!
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up - was planning on stopping at Lowe's tomorrow anyway, they have Kingsford Original briquettes for $9.98 for 2X20# (40 pound total), limit 2 packs or 80#. Will keep the Weber happy all winter. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    What do you cook with these? I have a few of these but have not been able to figure out the best way to use them. Seems like turning/flipping food would be difficult vs. the usual straight skewers?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    Options
    caliking said:
    What do you cook with these? I have a few of these but have not been able to figure out the best way to use them. Seems like turning/flipping food would be difficult vs. the usual straight skewers?
    I don't care for them either, but I've found it use them 2 at a time then it keeps food from spinning and that makes turning somewhat easier.