Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak Last Night, Butt Today!

Options
Livinloud5
Livinloud5 Posts: 61
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday i saw a post with some steak and a tomato and onion salad, just seemed right. I haven't Egged in like 5 days with work and lack of meat so steak was a good way to start off the weekend. rushed out to the local Publix and got some New York Strips, seared over 600 direct with Weber Steak and Chop seasoning. Cooked way faster than what i thought they would, but turned out awesome!

imageimageimage

Last night i injected and rubbed a 5 pound butt with a home made rub and a simple injection of apple juice, water, salt, sugar, and worcestershire. Got up early for a saturday and got the egg to temp and started the cook with apple and peach wood.

imageimageimage

Blake.
The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Good looking cooks. It looks like you had a good time!