Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Busy Friday w/ Spatchcock Ending

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
Today I went to my new place of employment to pick up my Van so I could clean it up and set-up my tools etc the way I want it. Over my 22 yrs I have found it easier to work when it's clean and organized. But, first I helped one of my new co-workers pick up an ice cream machine that I will likely be installing in Tallahassee. I am, along with my boss in the process of trying to gain the old accounts from my old place of business. This would be great for the business and myself since I already have an excellent relationship with my old accounts. My lovely bride and I spent about 3 hrs cleaning the outside and front cab area. Ahhh so much nicer :-). Tomorrow I will take it to get my rear cab windows tinted. And tomorrow evening I'll clean the rear cab and load my plethora of tools. ---will take some more pics once I'm completely done setting it up---
I decided I wanted to egg a little but, then my wife and I really weren't too hungry after being in the heat. So, my Mom was the only consumer of this bird. Turned out with crackling skin and very moist and tender breasts. Very lite EVOO, kosher salt, coarse black pepper, dusted w/ Cajun spice, lite tarragon and cilantro. Cooked raised direct at 400℉ until IT 160℉ which allowed for some carryover cooking. Happy High Five Friday Y'all! \m/ imageimageimageimageimage
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Good stuff man! Congrats on the new gig husk!!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Looks like a slam dunk to me brother husker. Solid as a rock!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Hmm, the before pics...

=))

Go win those clients over to the new gig!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    First, the chicken looks yummy! Nothing wrong with leftovers - I'm going to use my leftover spatchcock from earlier in the week to do a chicken pot pie tomorrow. :)

> Second, @DMW‌ , that's just....wrong. Completely wrong. :) Finally, and most importantly, can't say enough how happy I am for you and the fam over your new gig! Way to roll with those punches and provide for your family. You, sir, are a rock star. :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Star Service is very lucky to be getting somebody with a positive attitude on their team. This is an invaluable skill in today's workplace, especially when your dealing directly with customers. You're one of the few people that genuinely gets excited about burning the midnight oil and doing a good job.

Congrats on the new opportunity. :-bd

Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Congrats on the new job... glad to see it didn't take very long to land one :)

The bird looks great as usual...
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Did you receive unemployment benefits on your hiatus between jobs? :D
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Nice job Blake. Get those accounts brought over and you will be a rockstar.
    Jacksonville FL