Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Advice for 2lb Pork Loin

Options
Hello everyone! This is my first post but I have been lurking for a bit. I am new Big Green Egg owner and have a few cooks under my belt. I will post pictures of an earlier cook later.

I am cooking a 2lb pork loin tonight and not looking to do anything too fancy. I would like to try indirect (with plate setter), 225-275 temp, dip pan with apple juice, apple wood chips. I will be using the Dizzy Pig Coffee infused rub on it. I would like to pull it at 140-145 and then direct sear it.

How long should that take? Also, should I wrap the pork at all? Any other suggestions? Anything else I am missing?

I will take pictures before and after.

Backyard BBQ Dude
1 L BGE - 1 Minimax - 1 Recteq

Northern VA

Comments

• Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I'm a pretty big fan of cooking them at 400 raised direct. I put a chunk of pecan on for a good smoke flavor and use various rubs at different times. I would say at 225 it will take a long time to get to temp.... Maybe try 325 indirect then bump up the temp to 500-550 for a quick sear direct.... Just an idea.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    I've always done them indirect. I go about 350. I also use pecan. Usually takes somewhere around 20 minutes a pound give or take. I don't worry about searing either. Maybe I should try it sometime.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Dillonjm
    Dillonjm Posts: 229
    Options
    The pork loin came out pretty good. The girls seemed to really enjoy it. It was juicy and had lots of flavor. I had to alter the temperature a bit since a big storm was coming in so I started in the 250-275 range and then upped it to 325-350. I pulled it at 145 and seared it for a few mins to let the small chicken breasts finish cooking.

Backyard BBQ Dude
    1 L BGE - 1 Minimax - 1 Recteq

Northern VA