Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sunday meatloaf experiment - pic heavy

Had some friends over that had never eaten from the Egg before. I decided to experiment with a couple bacon wrapped stuffed meatloafs. I did a bacon weave for each. I just went basic 80/20 ground beef next. Then on one I put a layer of mashed potatoes, chives, sharp cheddar cheese and some Dizzy Pig Raising the Steaks. The other had marinara sauce, diced pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese. The cheese balls were cream cheese, colby jack, worcestershire sauce and garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper then wrapped in mixture of ground pork and ground beef. Finished it off with a CI skillet chocolate chip cookie. I think I made believers of them. Pretty sure we will hang out more now that they moved back to town. I did a few basic burgers too in case nobody liked the other. Needless to say I am having the leftover burgers for lunch today.
LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
Columbus IN
·

Comments

• itsmceitsmce Posts: 223
    Looks great!
    Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,832
    It all looks incredible.  The second one sounds like a meat in meat calzone! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 2,792
    That looks so good. I am going to try that soon!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • The one with the pepperoni was the better of the two for sure. I overstuffed the one with the mashed potatoes. It was still good but sloppy. I will do it again.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
    ·
  • oh man that cookie!!
    A zen powerlifter with a medium BGE.

·