Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Got Back....

Hello Eggheads! 

I've got three racks of pork back ribs on the egg this morning - cooking up a nice treat for the hubby. 

Poor guy has been plagued with a sinus infection and allergies for over a month.  He didn't let that stop him last weekend when he helped me buy furniture for my kitchen and dining room.  We spent all weekend hauling furniture -  you gentleman don't get enough credit for doing this type of stuff for us girls all the time!!! 

So,  I got up early,  cut the grass and prepped three nice Costco racks.  He is off playing a round of golf this morning.  Hopefully he will be pleasantly surprised when he comes home to completed yard work,  ribs on the egg and a cold beer! 

Here are some pics of my ribs.  I will post the finished product later today. 

I used Plochman's Chicago Fire Mustard with Dizzy Dust - Coarse grind with a sprinkle of Dizzy's red eye express-  I like um spicy!  I've got the XL egg set on a nice steady 250.  I cheat a little because I am new with cooking on the egg -  I wrap mine in foil for a few hours.   I always get my ribs at Costco because theirs doesn't have that damn membrane -  (sometimes that membrane can be a pest). 

I snapped a pic of my back yard for you too -  I have been a busy little chick!  

Hugs,

Mean Shan

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,529
    Sorry to hear about your hubby's sinus and allergies...But he is one lucky son of a gun to have you. Great looking prep on the ribs, and the grass looks good to..Now you can only hope he shoots a sub par round of golf..Lucky guy..Enjoy 
    :-O
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Dont be worried about messing up the ribs. I'd yank them out of the foil so they can get a little smoke to them! Lookin' good though.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax