Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Steak burger, I guess.

EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,613
@hapster and anyone else in range of Wegmans. On weekends, Wegmans grinds up strip steak and sells it loose in the fresh meat area. You can cook it to well done and the juices run down your chin. I took these to 150 for SWMBO and the girls. I typically do this with any meat I don't grind myself that isn't from the butcher, so I usually add Worcestershire sauce to help with moisture. I just put some rub on these and went 5 minutes per side. They melt in your mouth. Sorry, I only snagged this shot.

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,431
    Awesome... Never seen GB in the case at Wegmans, it's always prepacked at mine.
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 2,735
    That's one nice looking burger!

@hapster, do you have the meat case with fresh cut steaks and kabobs?(where all the dry aged stuff is) That's where I find it on weekends.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 22,747
    so nice, I like....

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,431

hapster said:

@hapster, do you have the meat case with fresh cut steaks and kabobs?(where all the dry aged stuff is) That's where I find it on weekends.
    We do... It's about 6' long and I've never seen GB in there. I'll have to ask