Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spare ribs on the small

Options
Had thawed a half of rack of spares a few days ago and forgot all about them. So I decided to throw them on the small. Used a combination of Dizzy Dust coarse and Dizzy's Tsunami Spin for the rub. No mustard or any other binder. Rockwood charcoal and a combination of hickory and peach chunks for smoke. Going 300-350 indirect until done. No foil, no sauce, just rub and smoke. I will say that it smells awesome right now. I'll post another pic when they are finished.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Don't you just love sideways eggs and ribs.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Question, would it be possible to squeeze 2 rack's of babybacks on the small?
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    If you can still edit your post, just click on the image and then click on "insert image". The image will be inserted to the body of your post and should be upright. It happens to me all the time...

Nice looking ribs!

Options
    SoCalTim said:

I've never tried it but I bet you could if you bent them around and use toothpicks or wooden skewers to hold them together.

• shtgunal3
    Options
    @paqman thanks for the tip.

• shtgunal3
    Options
    Adding some spuds to mix.

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    I've never tried it but I bet you could if you bent them around and use toothpicks or wooden skewers to hold them together.
    Thank you. I really want a Minimax ... would be great if you could do it. Tim
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    These were really good. This was a one man meal and there were no leftovers!