Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just the basics!

Options
Chkultr
Chkultr Posts: 31
edited August 2014 in EGG Table Forum
For my first table I just went ahead and built the standard basic BGE table. I built the frame out of salt treated lumber. The top and bottom shelf is cedar. I am also skinning the table out of cedar to hide the salt treated. I plan on hiding a rare earth magnet on the backside of a cedar board to catch the bottle caps! I did add a magnetic knife holder to the side to hold my tools and the electric starter while it is cooling off. I also added a clear Rubbermaid to store my eggcessories.
1 Large BGE 2 Extra Large BGE 1Kamado Joe Jr. 1 36”Blackstone griddle 1 The Good One The Marshall

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Damn fine looking table Sir! Just a lament question...isn't "salt treated" timber the same or at least close to PT timber? Again looks real good. Pics w/ bottle cap remover & magnetic holder please.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Chkultr
    Options
    When my bottle opener gets here I will post pics of the set up. Yes salt treated and pressure treated to me are the same!! Thanks for the compliment.
    1 Large BGE 2 Extra Large BGE 1Kamado Joe Jr. 1 36”Blackstone griddle 1 The Good One The Marshall
  • Chkultr
    Options
    This is the bottle opener on order.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Chkultr said:

This is the bottle opener on order.

Eff ya! USA!!! Love it buddy!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    If I had a way of laserering in Harry Husker to the backside of my SS table I would. :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Chkultr
    Options
    Couldn't you do an acid etching of your beloved Harry Husker?
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Chkultr said:

Couldn't you do an acid etching of your beloved Harry Husker?

Not sure. Please elaborate. I'm all "ears" OF CORN. :-B
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Nice build my friend. Enjoy.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.