Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just A Little TLC Build

Options
Hey guys,

Found this guy on craigslist and got it for $40 bucks. It's a little rough but it's one of the tables you'd spend entirely too much money on at the store when buying your egg. I have a medium that will be going into this even though it's cut for a large, but it will do!

Anyone have any ideas other then clean it up and grill?

A zen powerlifter with a medium BGE.

Comments

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    You are going to need a fairly thick spacer on the bottom shelf to get the medium properly above the top shelf.  Also consider making some angle brackets to go between the legs and the top shelf to remove,the wobble that seems to crop up after time.  Take a look at JS Designs website for particulars on how they do this. I recently bought a medium JS table and while refinishing my BGE XL table added the corner braces.  It makes a big difference in the stability.  You might consider a stainless over cap for the top to reduce the gap between the Egg and table.  You got a great price that will allow you to make a few mods and still be a reasonable purchase.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Thick spacer = stone. No wood on the bottom of Egg. That and a bottle opener =D>
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Great buy at $40.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Hankyorke
    Hankyorke Posts: 146
    Options
    I saw that one, is the round spot char? Your picture makes it look a lot better than the CL pic

LBGE

BTFU!

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Good news by dropping in a MBGE you will be able to use a table nest on a paver making the egg really safe, fireproof support and an air gap! Great find, enjoy. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I did they same thing exactly. Picked one up used for $50.00 it was stained really bad and looked awful. I pressure washed it with some bleach. Let it dry and re-bleached it and left it in the sun for a day. Next day I pressure washed it again and let it dry for a couple days. The I stained it with Min Wax Red Mahogany about 5 coats let that dry and cleared it with clear lacquer. Turned out great and the stain is dark enough to cover any stains that didn't come out during the bleachings.
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!

• apfroggy0408
    Options
    Waiting for my last post to be approved...

Thanks for the replies everyone! 
    A zen powerlifter with a medium BGE.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Something like this to get the lift.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Great pickup for that price....Enjoy!
  • Sixpack1
    Sixpack1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Here's what mine ended up looking like after I rehabbed it. Remember it looked worse then yours does and now it looks new again... 
    The Gator Nation, Central Florida
    LARGE & MINI  Life is good...
    GO GATORS!!!